PND Summer Camps 2019 – REGISTRATIONS – APRIL 25th 2019
Association PROJECTO NOVAS DESCOBERTAS – Summer camp Organizer Register No. 12-2013-DRAlgarve
During the school holidays the association provides the community with residential summer camps for youngsters to experience days in group, developing competences of inclusion and community learning, while having fun, creating healthy bonds with themselves, with the group and with nature, at the same time benefiting from the farms space and the surrounding environment.
We cultivate friendships in fun and challenging days, taking care of the earth and society through activities such as: wild camping, scavenger hunts, outings, rock climbing, water games, nocturnal exploration games, caring for the garden, harvesting, teambuilding and community building games, rope games, practical application of permculture principals, decision making in group, story circles, ecological constructions, arts and crafts, sport and health, adventure and wilderness games and dynamics…
June 6th to 14th
Ages 12 to 16
July 20th to 28th
Ages 8 to 16
August 7th to 18th
Ages 12 to 16
August 24th to September 1st
Ages 8 to 16
(Possibility of registration by the IPDJ at reduced prices * ONLY AFTER 21st MAY)
* The Portuguese Institute of Sport and Youth (Instituto Português do Desporto e da Juventude), through the program “Vacation in movement – Férias em Movimento” finances places in this SHIFT of PND summer camp for children (August 24th to September 1st) with reduced prices, for children from 10 to 16 years old, however to occupy these places you must make the registrations directly with this institution In the portal of the PROGRAM VACATION IN MOVEMENT – PROGRAMA FÉRIAS EM MOVIEMNTO choosing the option – FARO – and choosing Campo de férias Novas Descobertas IV and following the steps there indicated. Any questions please call DIRECTLY to IPDJ ONLY AFTER 21st MAY – FARO: 289 861 820.
Participants must arrive at PND facilities on the first day of camp between 3PM and 4PM, and depart on the last day of camp until 12AM.
PRICE FOR GENERAL PUBLIC:
Prices available from April 25, 2019
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
– Accommodation and food for 8 days / 8 nights or 13 days / 12 nights – depending on the shift – ( camping mode and 5 daily meals );
– Personal accident insurance;
– Counsellors with PND’s Counsellors Training and professional competence ( in a ratio of 1 for every 6 children ), present 24/hours per day on the summer camp;
– Activities for 8 days or 13 days ( depending on the shift)
– Trips ( within the summer camp ) and rapid wear materials;
– A PND coordinator present on the camp 24 hours a day.
At Quinta Vale da Lama – in our educational Campus Campo do Vale. Accommodation is in camping mode, with activities all over Vale da Lama farm (Odiáxere Lagos) and eventual outings around Lagos and Portimão area (beach, visits and walks).
Children and youngsters from 8 to 16 years old.
If you are more than 16 years old you can also join this opportunity! Participate in our Summer Camps Counselor Training.
Pedagogical Coordination – Rachel Marsden – +351 926 681 773 or +351 960 387 350
General Coordination – Andreia Rodrigues – 967 620 397
PND Office – 282 697 862
Summer Camps Facilities – Campo do Vale – 282 792 673
(Print here the info contacts for parents during the summer camps.)
Adventure and exploration:
Climbing, hiking and scavenger hunts through nature, treasure hunts, guidance and night exploration games.
Group and community:
Trust and team building games, cooperative games, group decision making, reflection circles, team games and traditional Portuguese games;
Creativity and Innovation:
Crafts, theater, music, dance, use of natural materials, creative writing and story circles;
Sustainability and Regeneration:
Taking care of gardens, crops, composting, jam making, soap making, introduction to Permaculture design and transformation of learning spaces, natural building.
Why to participate?
1. To enable the participants to come into contact and to coexist harmoniously with the environment and the surrounding countryside.
2. To provide a range of activities that reflect and respond to the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of children and young people by providing them with individual and collective activities that are appropriate to different age groups and levels of development.
3. To promote increased self-esteem and behavioral changes associated with healthy living habits and respect for the environment.
4. To promote the practice of physical activity and a dynamic and positive lifestyle.
5. Develop autonomy, responsibility and respect for others.
6. Develop inter-relational and social skills in living together with other young people and adults.
7. To encourage the discovery of new cultures and values, initiatives and creativity;
8. Learning from experience / practical experience
9. Study and seek sustainable dynamics in the three spheres of life (social, ecological and economic)
10. Provide a recreational and creative experience based on cooperation and mutual values.
How to participate?
REGISTRATIONS AND DOCUMENTS – AFTER APRIL 25, 2019.
Download the Rules and the Pedagogical Animation Plan of PND Camps and perform a careful reading (only in portuguese).
Download 2 documents: Registration Form Summer Camps 2019 PND + Term of responsibility/ Disclaimer for Summer Camps 2019.
Read carefully , complete, SIGN and send the TWO DOCUMENTS:
– By email;
– By post: PO box 322 N – Quinta do vale da lama 8600-258 Odiáxere Lagos
– In hand at the same address – public office hours from 10:30AM to 5:30PM.
WAIT for the RECEIPT of an email from the New Discoveries Project with the confirmation of your registration and with the indication of the total amount to be paid and the deposit to be made. DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT without receiving this email.
Step 4: (after payment)
Come to Quinta Vale da Lama, Odiáxere Lagos, bags made (What to bring to the Summer Camp), at the beginning of camp (between 3PM and 4PM on the first day of camp).