Exploring in detail one of our most important and degraded natural resources. We will experience physical, chemical and biology of soils.
What the will learn:
– Taking soil samples, identifying soil components and characteristics (color, texture, permeability, fertility);
– Discovering what the soil contains, observing and getting to know living beings of the soil;
– Understanding that soil is a resource that supports terrestrial life;
– Describe the role of biological and atmospheric agents in soil;
– Connecting soil conservation to agricultural sustainability;
– Associate some methods and instruments used in agriculture with scientific advancement and methods of regenerative agriculture.
Types of activities: games and group dynamics related to the theme, observing and collecting soil samples, exploring the living beings of soil, composting, biological gardening skills.
For whom? Ages 8 to 12
When? September to June.