PND Summer Camps
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED – it will open at April 25, 2021
Association PROJECTO NOVAS DESCOBERTAS – Summer camp Organizer Register No. 12-2013-DRAlgarve
During the school holidays the association provides the community with residential summer camps for youngsters to experience days in group, developing competences of inclusion and community learning, while having fun, creating healthy bonds with themselves, with the group and with nature, at the same time benefiting from the farms space and the surrounding environment.
We cultivate friendships in fun and challenging days, taking care of the earth and society through activities such as: wild camping, scavenger hunts, outings, rock climbing, water games, nocturnal exploration games, caring for the garden, harvesting, teambuilding and community building games, rope games, practical application of permaculture principals, decision making in group, story circles, ecological constructions, arts and crafts, sport and health, adventure and wilderness games and dynamics…
IMPORTANT NOTE: Measures taken in our summer activities to minimize the risk of Covid-19:
(TO SEE “FULL CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES” please click HERE).
All spaces will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected 6 to 8 times a day (bathrooms, kitchen, pavilion disinfected every 2 hours)
The staff (animators and collaborators) will use face masks
Participants must wear a mask whenever they are indoors
Limit people per 20 square meters.
Constant separation between participants of at least 1.5 meters
Adaptation of group activities and dynamics so that there is minimal body interaction
Game dynamics, play, learning will be monitored so that there is no body contact
New specific dynamics will be introduced for the use of a mask and gloves by the participants, as part of the activity dynamics (as if it were a game).
Fever will be measured for all participants and staff every 4 hours
Participants must bring a medical certificate showing that they have not had symptoms of fever, cough or other screening for covid 19 in the last 15 days.
Maximum of two participants per tent (if family members or family trust). We advise you to bring your own tent.
New dates in 2021.
Prices available in 2021.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
– Accommodation and food ( camping mode and 5 daily meals );
– Personal accident insurance;
– Counsellors with PND’s Counsellors Training and professional competence ( in a ratio of 1 for every 6 children ), present 24/hours per day on the summer camp;
– Activities for 8 days
– Trips ( within the summer camp ) and rapid wear materials;
– A PND coordinator present on the camp 24 hours a day.
WHAT TO BRING:
Donwload the “WHAT TO BRING TO THE 2020 Summer Camps + PROTECTED CHILD KIT” file.
At Quinta Vale da Lama – in our educational Campus Campo do Vale. Accommodation is in camping mode, with activities all over Vale da Lama farm (Odiáxere Lagos) and eventual outings around Lagos and Portimão area (beach, visits and walks).
Children and youngsters from 8 to 16 years old.
If you are more than 16 years old you can also join this opportunity! Participate in our Summer Camps Counselor Training.
Participants must arrive at PND facilities on the first day of camp between 3PM and 4PM, and depart on the last day of camp until 12AM.
+351 926 681 773 or +351 960 387 350
967 620 397
PND Office: 282 697 862
Summer Camps Facilities
Campo do Vale: 282 792 673
(Print here the info contacts for parents during the summer camps.)
How to participate?
Registrations are closed (it will open at April 25, 2021).
Adventure and exploration:
Climbing, hiking and scavenger hunts through nature, treasure hunts, guidance and night exploration games.
Group and community:
Trust and team building games, cooperative games, group decision making, reflection circles, team games and traditional Portuguese games;
Creativity and Innovation:
Crafts, theater, music, dance, use of natural materials, creative writing and story circles;
Sustainability and Regeneration:
Taking care of gardens, crops, composting, jam making, soap making, introduction to Permaculture design and transformation of learning spaces, natural building.
Why to participate?
1. To enable the participants to come into contact and to coexist harmoniously with the environment and the surrounding countryside.
2. To provide a range of activities that reflect and respond to the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of children and young people by providing them with individual and collective activities that are appropriate to different age groups and levels of development.
3. To promote increased self-esteem and behavioral changes associated with healthy living habits and respect for the environment.
4. To promote the practice of physical activity and a dynamic and positive lifestyle.
5. Develop autonomy, responsibility and respect for others.
6. Develop inter-relational and social skills in living together with other young people and adults.
7. To encourage the discovery of new cultures and values, initiatives and creativity;
8. Learning from experience / practical experience
9. Study and seek sustainable dynamics in the three spheres of life (social, ecological and economic)
10. Provide a recreational and creative experience based on cooperation and mutual values.